A commercial street in Sihanoukville town centre during the mid 1960s
This unattributed photograph shows a commercial street in Sihanoukville town centre in the mid 1960s, with one side of the street having a promenade with benches and lampposts, and shops on the opposite side, under an arcade.
The photograph is part of the collection that was donated to the National Archives of Cambodia from the Library of the Royal University of Fine Arts by Darryl Collins and Helen Grant Ross in 2003. The collection was used by Collins and Ross for their research into urbanisation. The images were probably originally used to mount the Sangkum Reastr Niyum Permanent Exhibition at the Exhibition Hall, Bassac area, Phnom Penh.
- circa 1965 — 1967
- Spatial Politics of Identity in Cambodia
- architecture, Cambodia, streets
Source Reference Details
1044 (RUFA Collection)
Courtesy of the National Archives of Cambodia